The Absolute Beginners Guide to Cyber Security and Hacking
Get The Absolute Beginners Guide to Cyber Security and Hacking course for free. 2020 Launch! Become a Cyber Security Specialist, Build technical capability in ethical hacking &web application security This course is absolutely free.No coupon required to avail this course.
What you’ll learn
- You will learn the background of Cybersecurity & Hacking. You will learn what is cyber-security and the growing demand for professionals. You will have clarity on what is a basic network, CIA triad, essential terminologies used, etc. You will go through an introduction to the Kali Linux operating system.
- You will have an increased awareness of hacking as a profession, You will go through data breaches occurring in Yahoo, Equifax, Target stores, Sony’s PlayStation network, etc
- You will go through an introduction of what a security operations center is, what are the branches within cybersecurity and the various job roles available within cybersecurity
- You will understand network concepts, network topologies and layered communication in this course
- You will start using Maltego Tool after you go through a demo of the Maltego community edition 4.2.4.
- You can formulate various mitigation strategies, phishing & firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention systems.
- You can give insightful talks on the zero-day exploit, malware and its types and man in the middle (MITM) attack
- You will learn the OSI Model, various mnemonics, protocol data units, etc. You will go through the various layers in detail with real-time examples and caselets. You will also learn the TCP/IP protocol suite, range of IPv4 & IPv6 and domain name system hierarchy.
- You will learn the different components of Hacking: Reconnaissance, Scanning, Gaining Access, Maintaining access & Clearing tracks. You will have a firm understanding of places of hacking and mind maps apart from gaining insights of denial of service, distributed denial of service, syn flooding attack using hping3, countermeasures, and Metasploit test.
- You will feel confident and comfortable with cyber kill chain methodology and how a traditional kill chain model works: recon, weaponize, deliver, exploit, install, c2, actions.
- You will build your capability in information security attack vectors, phishing techniques, whaling and phishing mitigation.
- Introduction to SIEM: You will gain real-time insights on Security information and event management and Security event manager
- You will identify threats and possible breaches and collect audit logs for security and compliance. You will be able to conduct investigations and provide evidence.
- You will learn that Defense in Depth (DiD) is an approach to cybersecurity in which a series of defensive mechanisms are layered in order to protect valuable data and information.
- You can understand how an attacker can come in and tries to understand how a corporate environment is the setup of a target.
- You will learn what SIEM and Log Management mean for businesses & how to use them more effectively to mitigate risk for your company.
- You will learn that SIEM is necessary because of the rise in data breaches and to meet stringent compliance requirements
- Learn the right approach to building SIEM use cases, how to organize and prioritize use cases effectively.
- You will learn the SIEM elements, Big 3, Process flow, Features, Event life cycle, SOC controls and mgmt, SIEM architecture, Dashboards and Use cases
- You will revisit features of SIEM and learn SIEM deployment options like self-hosted, self-managed to Hybrid-model, Jointly-managed. You will understand the business benefits of SIEM.
- SIEM Essentials Quiz